Shaving at school is a great opportunity to build leadership and teamwork skills by doing some hands-on fundraising, while having a lot of fun in the process.
Fundraising tips for schools
Here are some tips and tricks students have used to raise money within their schools:
- Organise a mufti day – with all donations going toward your shave.
- Lunchtime shave – Hold your shave at lunchtime in the school hall and ask everyone who wants to watch to donate a gold coin.
- Auction your shave – As well as collecting regular donations, auction your shave to the highest bidder. The person who puts up the most gets to shave your head.
- Let your whole school know – Using noticeboards and/or your school website and tell everyone what you’re doing and how to donate. The more people who know, the more money you’ll raise.
- Challenge a teacher – Know a teacher who’s a bit braver than most? Why not challenge them to a ‘shave off’ and see who can raise the most money?
- Get social – Use your social media to tell everyone about your shave. Set up a Facebook Event and invite everyone to it. And don’t forget to add the link to your Shave page so people can donate.
- Spread the word – Use the hashtag #shavenz on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to help spread the word and for the chance to be featured on our homepage.
- Go live – Use Facebook’s Live video feature and broadcast your shave to the world, as it happens.
- Crazy Hair Day – Shaving is a big ask, so why not hold a Crazy Hair Day at school instead? Pick a date, get everyone to show off their best crazy hair looks and collect donations. Sign up and create a School team page where you can deposit your donations and see how you compare to other schools involved!
- Think local – Ask local businesses if you can put a donation bucket in their reception.
- See how you compare – Check our leaderboards to see how your fundraising efforts compare with everyone else taking part.
Need help planning your school Shave event?
If you have any questions about shaving at school, please give us a call on 0800 15 10 15 or email email@example.com